T7 WF825 has recently been
donated to the Wings Museum for display
by Mr David Doulton who is better
known for his connections in assiting
with the Malta Aviation Museum.
WF825 was transported
in pieces by road to Redhill during
late October 2008 and early November
2008. The aircraft will now be put
on long term static restoration with
a view to being put on public display
at the Wings Museum in the near future.
An initial inspection has found that
the air frame is considerably intact
and in very good condition. It is
hoped that WF825 will receive the
same high level of restoration which
transformed the museum’s Dehavilland
Devon VP967 during its restoration
by the museum in 2000 over a 3 year
WF825 was first delivered
to No. 603 Squadron
based at RAF Turnhouse on 7th June
1951 and was later transfered to 33
Squadron which was based
at RAF Driffield at the time, finally
being retired from service on 4th
March 1968. WF825 was previously part
of the Meteor Flight at Yatesbury
which is now relocating to Kemble.
The museum is considering
the option of converting the airframe
to a Mk 3 fighter version and would
like to hear from anyone who may know
the whereabouts of a single seat cockpit.
The museum would also like to hear
from anyone who may have any photographs
of WF825 in RAF Service.